Please follow CDC guidelines for social distancing when visiting Surfside Beach. Groups are limited to 10 people.
If the beach is your happy place, Surfside is your spot! Miles of golden sand teeming with seashells and marine life make Surfside Beach the perfect retreat for recreational athletes, sun worshipers and nature lovers alike. With beach house rentals, motels, offshore fishing charters, restaurants and souvenir shops close at hand, Surfside Beach is a great spot for every type of beach goer.
Looking for adventure? Surfside Beach has you covered with surfboard, jet ski, and kayak rentals, as well as horseback riding from September 16-May 14. Interested in hosting a group? Stahlman Park is an event facility with full amenities and glorious views of the Gulf with beach access. It hosts numerous events throughout the year, including beach cleanups, the Surfside Marathon, Treasures by the Sea Sale, and more.
Hoping to land a lunker? Anglers will find trophy redfish, speckled trout and a variety of other game fish at Surfside Jetty County Park. The park also offers a family friendly playground, picnic area and restrooms. Launch your boat at the public boat ramp with easy entry into the Intracoastal and the closest access in the area to the Gulf, or kick back and watch ships sail through the harbor.
Planning to visit Surfside in the spring? Don’t miss our annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade—it’s one of our oldest and most fun traditions!
Some Rules to Remember While at Surfside Beach:
- There are no lifeguards on duty, swim at your own risk.
- Glass containers are NOT allowed on the beaches.
- All dunes are protected and off-limits to pedestrians and vehicles.
- Don’t mess with Texas — no littering!
- All-terrain vehicles are NOT permitted.
- No overnight camping.
- Horses are allowed from November 1 through March 31, and on weekdays from April 1 through May 14 and from September 16 through October 31.
- Fireworks are NOT permitted.
- Rules are subject to change; please check with beach officials for current rules.
- All vehicles driving or parking on Surfside Beach must display an annual pass in the front left of the windshield. Annual passes are available for purchase for $12.
- Beach speed limit: 15 MPH